Labels

Menu (148) Ads (146) Normal Life (57) Tip Tuesday (54) Chickens (43) Frugal Friday (38) Grocery (23) Holidays (10) How it Worked (8) Garden (6) General Spending (6) Organizing (6) c (4) Quilt (3) Rabbits (3)

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Weekly Menu 2/22+

I've rambled on a lot over the last 3.5 years.  Welcome to my Post #508!  I meant to catch it right on 500, but must have gotten distracted.  Here we are for Weekly Menu #147.



Last week Thursday L cooked bacon and waffles for dinner, Friday is a blur.  Saturday J spent the night with a friend so L and I took a long motorcycle ride and ate pizza in Luling, we did get home before it got too cold.

Sunday night was turkey pot pie with the vodka pie crust.  The vodka bakes off and leaves the crust extra flaky.

Monday I grilled pork chops using this seasoning mix.  This is no paid endorsement, it is just a nice blend of seasonings.

Tuesday homemade biscuits and gravy and J pointed to the sign I have hanging above my stove "I love you like biscuits and gravy" at least twice when he figured out what we were having.

Tonight we had gumbo with the leftover turkey breast, the turkey stock from the bones, and okra that came from last summer's garden that I chopped up and tossed into a freezer bag for just such an occasion as this.  I used this recipe from 365 Ways to Cook Chicken.  



No comments: