|Monday||Italian Sausage with Peppers & Onions|
Garlic Mushroom Bread
Sweet Potato Fries
|Wednesday||Baked Ranch Chicken|
|Thursday||Black Bean Lasagna|
Toppings: sour cream, cheese, tomatoes
- 2-3 avocados
- 2T minced purple onion
- garlic salt to taste
- 3T diced tomato
slice avocados around from top to bottom, twist to open and remove pits (save them for later). Score avocado in grid like pattern and then scoop out with large tablespoon. Coarsely mash avocado and add in remaining ingredients. Return pits to bowl to keep dip from turning brown.
- 2-29 oz cans sliced peaches in heavy syrup (no time for 'healthy' fruit)
- dash cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 package butter pecan cake mix
- 1 stick melted butter
Pour peaches, un-drained, into glass 9x13 pan, mix in cinnamon and vanilla. Pour dry cake mix over the top, it will stand about 1” tall. Pour melted butter over the top of the cake mix and bake 45-50 minutes at 350.
- It's hard to over season a steak, so load it up with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders and let it sit an hour, if you have that kind of time, before grilling.
- Steak is also really good if you finish it with butter, so when you flip your steak and the 'cooked' side is up, add about ½- 1T butter while it cooks. Flip one last time and add another pat of butter to the other cooked side.
- See if you can add two or three 'extra veggies' to your salad. I've listed several options
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2T butter
- salt & pepper
Steam or cook cauliflower until tender. Mix in cream cheese and butter and it will take on the texture of mashed potatoes.
- berries (strawberries, blueberries or blackberries)
- broccoli florets (in tiny pieces so folks wont notice)
- purple cabbage
Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions
- Italian Sausage
- Olive Oil
- red bell pepper slices
- sliced onion rings
Cut sausage in 3” pieces on the diagonal (makes it look fancier). Add oil and sausage to skillet and begin to brown sausage. Add onions and peppers as you turn the sausage and let it all get carmelized and yummy. If your family really likes it go crazy and add some spaghetti sauce too.
Garlic Mushroom Bread
- ¼ c mayonnaise (the real stuff)
- 1 can mushrooms pieces and stems, drained and chopped
- ¼ c parmesan
- ½ c mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- bread (it can be as plain as leftover hot dog buns or as fancy as an artisan loaf)
Combine all ingredients, except bread in a small bowl. Spread over bread and then bake in oven 10-25 minutes. If you are brave you can also broil the bread to get all the cheeses to melt and brown slightly.
- Make extra meatloaf tonight and you can use any leftovers Friday when you make your tacos.
- Time the fries so that they are ready just when your meatloaf is coming out of the oven.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 package Stove Top
- 1 c water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ c bbq sauce
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients except ¼ c bbq sauce. Shape meat mixture into an oval loaf in a 9x13 pan. Top with remaining bbq sauce. Bake 1 hour or until 160 degrees.
Sweet Potato Fries (Frozen)
Green Beans or Asparagus
- The chicken and biscuits will need to cook at different temperatures, so you can start your chicken at the higher temp and then bake it for less time. Then you have to try and keep everyone from eating the corn biscuits that are ready and smelling good.
Baked Ranch Chicken
- 3-4lbs chicken pieces
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- salt & pepper
dredge chicken through ranch dressing mix in a shallow bowl. Bake 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- 9oz creamed corn
- 2 c bisquick
- kosher salt
- ¼ c butter, melted
Mix corn and bisquick until combined. Knead about 15x. Form into a rectangle and cut into 3”x1” strips. Roll in melted butter, place on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt. Bake 12-15 minutes at 450 degrees.
Black Bean Lasagna(Menus4Moms)
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 can black beans (15 oz.)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (14.5 oz.)
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- 2 cups four cheese Mexican blend cheese
Preheat oven to 400 °F . Combine the first seven ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Coat an 11 x 7 in. baking dish with cooking spray. Place a layer of tortillas in the bottom of the dish. Spoon half of the corn and tomato mixture over the tortillas. Top with one cup of cheese. Repeat the layers.
Bake for 15 minutes.
- Tonight is a good time to use up any left over meatloaf from Tuesday.
- 2 c cooked ground beef
- ¾ c water
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- dash red pepper
Mix all ingredients together and simmer in a medium sauce pan for 10-15 minutes or until majority of liquid is evaporated.
Strawberries in cool whip