roasted potato medley
|Sunday||1 dish chicken parmesan|
banana split dessert
|Tuesday||dr pepper shredded pork|
· 2lb ground meat
· 1 package stuffing
· 1 c water
· ½ c bbq sauce
· 2 eggs
Combine all ingredients except ¼ c bbq sauce and shape into an oval in a 9x13 pan; top with remaining bbq sauce. Bake at 375 ~1 hour.
Roasted Potato Medley
Cube a combination of sweet, red and russet potato. Mix with 1-2T olive oil, salt and pepper, onion wedges, garlic. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes at 375.
1-Dish Chicken Parmesan
· 1 ½ c flour
· 2 tsp sugar
· ½ tsp salt
· 2 pkg or 6 tsp yeast
· ¾ c very warm water (120-130 degrees)
· 3T olive oil
· 3 c fully cooked, frozen, breaded chicken tenders, chopped
· 16 oz spaghetti sauce
· 1 c grated mozzarella cheese
· 1 tsp Italian herb blend (basil, oregano, parsley)
Mix batter ingredients (thru olive oil) in a pre-sprayed 8x8 pan. Let rest 5-10 minutes. Top batter evenly with chicken, then pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and herbs. Bake by placing in a cold oven; set temp to 350; bake for 30 minutes, until baked through.
1. You can bake a burrito sized tortilla over a cereal bowl to create a ‘shell’ for your salad or you can use tortilla chips, or fritos
2. Dessert needs time to chill, so you might bake the crust Sunday evening to get the ‘oven’ part over with and you can keep your kitchen cool today.
Layer the following in tortilla shell:
· Shredded lettuce
· Diced tomatoes
· Seasoned taco meat
· Sour cream
· Picante sauce
Blueberry Torte Squares (Healthy Cooking)
· 2/3 c butter
· 3T + ½ c sugar (divided)
· 1 ¼ c flour
· 8 oz cream cheese
· 1 c powdered sugar
· 12oz cool whip
· 2T cornstarch
· ¾ c cold water
· 3c fresh blueberries
In small bowl, cream butter and 3T sugar. Add flour and mix well. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 min, or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powder sugar until smooth. Fold in cool whip; spread mixture over crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cornstarch, water until smooth. Stir in blueberries and remaining ½ c sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. Spoon topping over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cut into squares.
1. I’ll be skipping the jalapenos in the cole slaw, but the rest of it should be a tasty recipe.
Dr Pepper Shredded Pork (Pioneer Woman)
· 1 whole Large Onion
· 1 whole Pork Shoulder ("pork Butt") - 5 To 7 Pounds
· Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
· 1 can (11 Ounce) Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce
· 2 cans Dr. Pepper
· 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Or load up everything into the crockpot and cook it up that way.
Peel the onion and cut it into wedges. Lay them in the bottom of a large dutch oven. Generously salt and pepper the pork roast, then set it on top of the onions in the pan. Pour the can of chipotle peppers over the pork (include the sauce.) Pour in both cans of Dr Pepper. Add brown sugar to the juice and stir in.
Place lid tightly on pot, then set pot in the oven. Cook for at least six hours, turning roast two or three times during the cooking process. Check meat after six hours; it should be absolutely falling apart (use two forks to test.) If it’s not falling apart, return to the oven for another hour.
Remove meat from pot and place on a cutting board or other work surface. Use two forks to shred meat, discarding large pieces of fat. Strain as much of the fat off the top of the cooking liquid as you can and discard it. Return the shredded meat to the cooking liquid, and keep warm until ready to serve. (You can also refrigerate the meat and liquid separately, then remove hardened fat once it’s cold. Then heat up the liquid on the stovetop and return the meat to the liquid to warm up.
Jalapeno Cole Slaw (Pioneer Woman)
•½ heads Cabbage, Sliced Thin
•½ heads Purple Cabbage, Sliced Thin
•1 whole Jalapeno, Halved Lengthwise And Thinly Sliced
•½ cups Whole Milk
•½ cups Mayonnaise
•1 teaspoon White Vinegar
•1 Tablespoon Sugar
•¼ teaspoons Salt
•¼ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
•2 cups Cilantro Leaves, Barely Chopped
Combine shredded cabbage and sliced jalapenos in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix milk, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, and cayenne. Pour over cabbage. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate two hours.
Before serving, toss in cilantro leaves.
Grilled squash and/or okra
1. Hopefully tonight’s main course is something you have in the freezer and can just pull out and pop in the oven. If not, here’s the full recipe again which makes a double batch. Oh and be careful when you are filling your second bag, those Ziploc bags are tricky and like to roll off the counter and pour pasta sauce all over your shoe, kitchen rug and cabinet door. At least that’s what I’ve heard could happen.
· 16 oz pasta spirals, cooked
· 2-3 c cooked ground beef
· 2-16oz spaghetti sauce
· 1 can cheddar cheese soup
· 1 tsp black pepper
· 2 tsp Italian seasonings
· 2 c mozzarella cheese
Put half of the cooked pasta into a 9x13 pan for tonight and the other half into a Ziploc bag. Put half of remaining ingredients (except cheese) into the 9x13 pan and the other half into the Ziploc bag. Mix everything until well combined. Top with cheese. Bake tonight’s pan at 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly.
Rocket Dogs (Family Fun)
· hot dogs
· prepared breadstick dough (they used Pillsbury brand)
· cubed cheese
Simply wrap hot dogs in prepared breadstick dough (we used Pillsbury brand) and insert a skewer, letting it protrude at the top.
Bake the dogs according to the dough package's instructions. Add a triangle of cheese for a topper, tie on a tail made from ribbon or aluminum foil, and squirt on stripes of ketchup and mustard.