|Saturday||panfried pork chops|
super mashed potaotes
|Sunday||grilled chicken pieces|
|Monday||grilled chicken salad|
with feta, corn and
ranch style beans
|Wednesday||1 dish taco bake|
Pan-Fried Pork Chops
Salt and Pepper meat, dredge through flour, then fry in a small amount of oil in heavy skillet. Flip when the edges start to look cooked.
Super Mashed Potatoes
· 2-3 c mashed potatoes
· Sour cream
· Grated cheddar cheese
· Chopped green onions (if you like that sort of thing)
· Bacon bits (no fake-o’s please)
· French’s Fried Onions
1. Cook extra boneless chicken tonight for Monday night’s salad
Grilled Chicken Pieces
Slather it with BBQ sauce after it starts cooking and most fears of flare ups are out of the way.
Cut up the pieces of squash in large chunks if you have a grilling basket, or otherwise slice longways so you can run them across the grates of your grill. Spray with non-stick spray, sprinkle with salt and pepper before grilling.
Salad Supper Monday
Grilled Chicken with Feta, Corn and Blueberries (or black olives) Pioneer Woman
· 4 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
· Salt And Pepper, to taste
· Olive Oil, For Drizzling
· 3 stalks Celery (inner Light Green Stalks), Finely Diced
· 2 ears Fresh Corn (or use 2 c thawed previously frozen)
· ¼ whole Medium Red Onion, Finely Diced
· 1-½ cup Blueberries
· 3 Tablespoons Fresh Dill, Minced
· 4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
· 4 Tablespoons Sour Cream
· ¼ cups Half-and-half
· 1 whole Lemon
· 1 teaspoon Sugar (more To Taste)
· Salt And Pepper (additional) To Taste
· ¾ cups Crumbled Feta
Place chicken breasts into large plastic storage bag. Pound with a mallet or rolling pin to flatten to 1/4 inch uniform thickness. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat grill and drizzle chicken with olive oil. Grill chicken on both sides until done, about 7 minutes per side. (Rotate halfway during grilling each side to ensure pretty grill marks.) Remove from pan. Allow to cool. Hopefully you are doing that step the night before.
With a very sharp knife, shave kernels off each corn cob. Combine with the onion and celery. Set aside.
Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, feta, and half-and-half. Stir in sugar, squeeze in lemon juice, and add salt and pepper. Stir, then taste. Add more salt if necessary; do not undersalt!
Slice chicken on the bias to create flat, randomly shaped pieces. Throw into a bowl with celery, onion, and corn. Stir to combine. Pour half the dressing over the ingredients and toss gently. Add more as desired, but don’t overcoat the salad; should be light!
At the end, toss in the blueberries to lightly coat them in the dressing. Serve, then sprinkle individual helpings with feta.
1. This recipe is easily modified to use whatever sort of meat you have. The original recipe calls for a 3lb venison roast, but Kay tried it with 1 lb of ground venison shaped into a meatloaf. If you don't have any wild game hanging out in your freezer, use beef.
2. You can also see how you could easily cut this recipe in thirds. How nice that they did the math that way.
Venison Roast (“Texas Highways” via Kay)
· 1 ½ T olive oil
· 3lb venison roast
· 1 ½ T minced garlic
· 1 large onion, chopped
· 1 ½ lb sliced mushrooms or 3 7oz cans, drained
· Juice of 2 lemons + enough white wine to make 1 ½ c
· 1 ½ c beef stock; bullion if you don't have this
· 3 cans cream of mushroom soup
· 6 small banana peppers (or any flavorful pepper)
· 3 sprigs rosemary
Heat olive oil in cast iron Dutch oven over medium high heat; sear venison on each side. Remove meat and set aside; brown garlic, mushrooms and onions in remaining oil. Stir all ingredients and return to boil. Cover and bake in a 325 degree oven for about 2 hours. Serve over stuffing or rice. Kay’s note: I cooked it in a pressure cooker at 10 for one hour.
Stuffing or Rice
Bush’s Baked Beans
1 dish Taco Bake
Taco Meat Mixture
· 2 c cooked ground beef
· Taco seasoning + water
· ½ c corn meal
· ¾ c flour
· 2 envelopes rapid rise yeast
· 1T sugar
· ½ tsp salt
· ¾ c milk (very warm 120-130 degrees)
· 3T oil
· 1 egg
· 1 c chunky salsa
· 4 oz shredded cheese
· 1 c corn chips; partially crushed
Combine ground beef and taco seasoning according to package. Mix batter ingredients together in a pre-sprayed 8x8 baking dish. Top batter with taco meat mixture. Pour salsa evenly over meat; sprinkle with cheese and corn chips. Bake by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Cook fish (ie open the bag of Gorton’s and heat up) and place in a tortilla with ketchup or tartar sauce.
Chill grape soda and pour over ice cream to make grape floats that are purple. If you get the soda cold enough when it hits the ice cream it will make a wonderful crystal of creamy grape goodness.