Labels

Menu (148) Ads (146) Normal Life (57) Tip Tuesday (54) Chickens (43) Frugal Friday (38) Grocery (23) Holidays (10) How it Worked (8) Garden (6) General Spending (6) Organizing (6) c (4) Quilt (3) Rabbits (3)

Monday, March 12, 2012

Tueday's Terrific Tip--Let us Lettuce

J and I are visiting c and his parent's J&C.


in StLouis

so that I could attend a Women's Leadership conference for church.



Here are my friends K & K (no K is on the left) from Wisconsin.  We took this picture in the eleveator Saturday night.  It was fun, but I stayed up too late. 

What does all this have to do with lettuce?  well it's lettuce planting time just about everywhere thanks to the mild winter we've had and more importantly I was helping with the salad Friday night when I had my inspiration. 

And for those of you who don't want to grow your own lettuce, you can still make the stuff you buy in the store last longer by following this one simple trick. 

Take your lettuce and trim off the brown end where it was harvested. 

Don't cut your finger...

and watch out that 'the claw' doesn't completely crush your lettuce.  Clearly I'm not a hand model.


Then put it back in it's storage container/bag until the next time you take off some leaves and trim it again.  The produce guy at Sprouts gave me this tip.  I've had lettuce last over two weeks using this tip. 

Yum!









No comments: