Labels

Menu (148) Ads (146) Normal Life (57) Tip Tuesday (54) Chickens (43) Frugal Friday (38) Grocery (23) Holidays (10) How it Worked (8) Garden (6) General Spending (6) Organizing (6) c (4) Quilt (3) Rabbits (3)

Monday, December 24, 2012

Tip Tuesday--Christmas Cookies

I know this is probably a bit too late for 99% of you, but it just dawned on me today that I wanted to bake Christmas cookies, but I didn't want to have a lot of cookies sitting around the house AND I didn't want to eat giant cookies, because I have a bad habit of not eating just one cookie at a time.  

So I figured out my plan. 

I mixed up the dough for four types of cookies and then put the majority of the dough into the fridge.  

I did bake one sheet full of each kind of cookie today so that we could leave a few out for Santa (J wrote out a note for him) and our Elf which returned TODAY.  




Because we will have people visiting over the next few days I figured I could bake a little bit at a time so they would be fresh each time some one new comes to visit.  

PLUS I am not as likely to eat just the dough.  The same is not true for other members of my household, but with a carefully placed note on each container that reads 'do not eat', I will be able to keep them out.  

So from my family to yours, Merry Christmas!



No comments: