Labels

Menu (148) Ads (146) Normal Life (57) Tip Tuesday (54) Chickens (43) Frugal Friday (38) Grocery (23) Holidays (10) How it Worked (8) Garden (6) General Spending (6) Organizing (6) c (4) Quilt (3) Rabbits (3)

Monday, September 30, 2013

Tip Tuesday--National Homemade Cookie Day

It's official, Tuesday October 1st is National Homemade Cookie Day.  Let me go on the record and state that my favorite cookies are soft cookies.  Though I've seriously never met a cookie I didn't like.

A few weeks ago my friend Katy who makes great cupcakes and super good frosted cookies gave me some cookies that she had leftover from back to school night. She had planned to take them with us to the women's retreat, but in our rush to get out the door, they were forgotten.

Always one ready to help out a friend, I volunteered to take them off her hands.  Because they were almost a week old, they were starting to get a little crispy.  When I brought them home I wanted to soften them up.  So I put them all in a plastic container with a slice of bread.  The next day they were super soft again and magically delicious!  You can even see a soft broken piece at the bottom of the flower.





No comments: