Labels

Menu (148) Ads (146) Normal Life (57) Tip Tuesday (54) Chickens (43) Frugal Friday (38) Grocery (23) Holidays (10) How it Worked (8) Garden (6) General Spending (6) Organizing (6) c (4) Quilt (3) Rabbits (3)

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm sure a few of you have been wondering how things are going with Missy.  Well, I'm feeling a bit victorious and have been dancing a jig for a few weeks because no matter the time of day or night.  Whenever I see the cows lately, I only see two.  
and to be sure we all understand... I use the term 'cow' in the very generic bovine sense...as in they are not horses or chickens, and this particular 'cow' really appreciates this disclaimer.
because he is most definitely a bull and not a true cow.  

May I share the full breadth of my cow knowledge with you?  It will no doubt impress you.  One of you has already been impressed with my solid knowledge, which is why I feel compelled to share it with others.  
1.  Cows that have not had a baby yet are called heifers.
2.  Boy cows are called bulls.
3.  Boy cows that have been 'fixed' are called steers.  
4.  Not all cows have horns, and just because a cow has horns does not make it a bull.
5.  Cows can jump over fences; her name was Juanita.  

According to the message Mrs. St left on our answering machine last week, these two are supposed to be on the next bus outta here. 


Perhaps she's waiting for the new gate to arrive before she comes to get them.  



No comments: