Labels

Menu (148) Ads (146) Normal Life (57) Tip Tuesday (54) Chickens (43) Frugal Friday (38) Grocery (23) Holidays (10) How it Worked (8) Garden (6) General Spending (6) Organizing (6) c (4) Quilt (3) Rabbits (3)

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Frugal Friday--Going Out of Season Sale

This is a great time of the year to pick up summer toys for next year.  Of course down here there are still plenty of warm, ok hot, days ahead but the retailers have got to clear out that summer stuff to make way for Halloween decorations and Christmas trees that in their mind need to be up by Labor Day or else we shoppers just might forget that those holidays are coming.

When I stopped in at Home Depot to pick up a few items to finish off one of my summer projects I noticed this sign.



I took a stroll through the area and found one item I had been considering making myself.  A patio chair cushion bag.  Well I wasn't exactly considering making it for that, but I was looking for a very large and sturdy bag to place the pool poles in as a storage place for the winter.  My thought was if the bag had a zipper or velcro closure it would be easier to keep the muddobbers out of it.  The last few summers I have had the pool poles in their original box, which the dobbers have really enjoyed crawling into and filling up multiple poles with many a pound of dirt.

The last time I was at Wal-Mart I noticed that the 14' red-neck pool was now $100 off.  So if you were thinking about picking one up this would be a good time to save a nice chunk of change.  Or if you have super small kids like c's age and they will have outgrown this year's pool.



It's a great time to get next year's for half the cost and just store it in your garage, shed or basement--as appropriate for your locale.

This is also a great time to pick up outdoor entertaining party ware.  If you pick up some great deals and want to show them off I'll be happy to come over and have a party with you.  You know just for scientific purposes of course, to make sure your stuff works properly and all that.

Maybe you have been eyeing a new pair of garden clippers, leather gloves, or tiki torches but didn't want to pay full price for them.   Even that cute pair of strappy sandals and sundress can be picked up for a song.   It's likely they will all be on sale about this time of year.

Certainly there is no need to go out and buy something just because it is on sale, but if you can see a need this is the time to take proper advantage and scoop up the deals before they are gone.



No comments: