Labels

Menu (148) Ads (146) Normal Life (57) Tip Tuesday (54) Chickens (43) Frugal Friday (38) Grocery (23) Holidays (10) How it Worked (8) Garden (6) General Spending (6) Organizing (6) c (4) Quilt (3) Rabbits (3)

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Weekly Menu 11/16+

Welcome to the new readers that I met last week when I spoke to their Mom's group.  What a fun time we had.  I hope they have that much fun every time they get together.  I have a feeling they do.  :)

One of the attendee's was C's 4th grade teacher.  And to prove it is a small world... Another lady I met was J's sister's 3rd grade teacher.  How fun is that?

It's hard to have a weekend meal around here without having hamburgers and Sunday night was the night for us last week.

Monday night we had super fast meal... steak, salad and garlic bread made from leftover hamburger buns.  J and I had to dash off to his 4H meeting.



Tuesday I was away from home for the evening, but got K's Chicken Taco Soup started in the crockpot so that L and J would have something to eat when they got home and were hungry.  The soup came from a recent meal swap I was a part of.

I made up 5 pork roasts, and then swapped for five other meals.  Women made up recipes like: Chicken Taco Soup, Honey Pork Chops, Balsamic Chicken, Quiche, Mexican Stuffed Shells.  Everyone gave their items frozen so that you could put them right into your freezer and pull them out and cook them when you were ready.  So far we've had two of the items.  I'm working to use about one a week.

Wednesday I was finally home to cook a proper meal, but next up on my list was spaghetti.  Which is not particularly complicated, but it is a favorite around here.  I still had plenty of extra hamburger buns, so I made more garlic bread.

There's a definite theme to the week, and steak was on sale... Thursday we had steak and grilled butternut squash.  I think I prefer the squash boiled and mashed with potatoes, but was still tasty.

Friday was clean up the fridge and we ate lots of little bits of this and that.

No comments: