Labels

Menu (148) Ads (146) Normal Life (57) Tip Tuesday (54) Chickens (43) Frugal Friday (38) Grocery (23) Holidays (10) How it Worked (8) Garden (6) General Spending (6) Organizing (6) c (4) Quilt (3) Rabbits (3)

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Terrific Tuesday Tip-- I scream

I scream.  You scream.  We all scream for ice cream.  


We're screaming because it's a tough job to get the ice cream dished up.  Not that it stops me from buying ice cream, but...

My friend who lives in SoHo, that's South of Houston for you non-Yanks, came up with a great idea that I wanted to share with you.  I don't think she was pounding her head searching for anything more interesting than making the bed.  In fact she sent me the pictures to this idea a week earlier than that post.

I'll let S tell the story of how she pre-scoops BlueBell.  Any of those other air-filled-non-fat ice creams that aren't rock hard coming out of the freezer probably don't need this extra treatment, but then again would you eat something besides BlueBell?  Me either.

Take it away S...

While you are enjoying a bowl of ice cream, leave the half gallon on the counter.  When you are finished eating (and the ice cream is a little bit softer) scoop several scoops for your next eating expedition and leave them inside the container.  Put the lid on and put back in freezer.  The next time you want ice cream, your scoops are already done.  Just dislodge and put in your bowl.  Repeat for next time.




I don't make round scoops like at Baskin Robbins, because we don't use ice cream cones - just a bowl.  If you wanted it to be pretty, you could make your cone scoops nice and round first and then put back in freezer.  I just do chunks to go in a bowl.  If when you pull it out of the freezer, the chunks are stuck together, then wait two minutes, and they unstick. 




Thanks S!  


Mmmm.  Did we need two pictures of the ice cream?  Yes.  Because it looks so delicious! 


Great idea!  Anyone else have an idea?  Leave it in the comments, or drop me a note.  





1 comment:

T said...

Great tip ladies!