Labels

Menu (148) Ads (146) Normal Life (57) Tip Tuesday (54) Chickens (43) Frugal Friday (38) Grocery (23) Holidays (10) How it Worked (8) Garden (6) General Spending (6) Organizing (6) c (4) Quilt (3) Rabbits (3)

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Weekly Menu 10/12+

Two weeks ago Sunday I prepared this delicious Peach-Whiskey BBQ chicken, that was so good, J didn't even realize it was chicken.


For those of you who know of J's poultry ban, this is really saying something.  I've also been cooking so much extra food lately that I purposefully only prepared a half recipe of this dish; of course we could have eaten three times the amount I made.  It was great that it baked in the oven for over an hour while J and I went for a walk with our neighbor.  He's working on his marathon kids and K and I just like to talk and walking makes me feel justified in all the talking I do.

Monday  hmmmm

Tuesday we had somewhere to be at 6:30 so I rushed home, and cut up a link of sausage and browned up the edges, made buttered noodles, heated up some canned carrots and canned spinach.  We ate and rushed back out the door.  

Wednesday Sunday I got a few pieces of boneless chicken started in a marinade of teriyaki sauce and pineapple tidbits in their juice.  I was hoping to get the good flavor of Steak and Ale's teriyaki chicken, but it definitely didn't come out quite the way I had hoped.  I also served a bit of sauteed yellow squash, which is now coming out of my ears thanks to the cooler temps and wonderful rain.  I heated up some leftover rice, from I don't remember when, but we forgot to eat it so I put it back in the fridge.  It's probably time to feed that to the chickens now.  :S

Thursday L went to a retirement party and I was still full from lunch so I fixed J a fish sandwich.  Two frozen fish fillets on a grilled hamburger bun, two slices of American and tartar sauce.  To round out this very healthy meal I also added tater tots to the toaster oven tray.  

Friday J asked for spaghetti, which is very uncomplicated.






No comments: