cream cheese potatoes
taco cresscent bake
1. Bake extra chicken pieces tonight, remove them from the bone for Tuesday night’s dinner.
2. As you prepare dinner tonight you can also get everything ready and into the crock pot for tomorrow’s meal. Remove the crock from the fridge in the morning, turn it on and you’ll be set for the day.
Place bone-in chicken pieces on rimmed cookie sheet. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, plus any other spices you might like. Bake for about an hour at 350 degrees.
1. Tonight we use the crock-pot. You can get things started in the morning or have it all assemble the night before and have most of your meal ready as soon as you walk in the door.
· 2-3 lb beef roast
· 12 oz beer (I like Shiner Bock)
· 1 onion, coarsely chopped
· 1 packet Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
Add onions then roast to crock pot, pour beer over the top, sprinkle entire contents of mix over roast. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. If you’d like to make gravy when you get home, pour juice from roast into a saucepan, reserving about 1 c in a measuring cup. Add 1-2T cornstarch to this and ensure all lumps are gone. Bring juice to a boil, add cornstarch mixture and simmer until thickened.
Cream Cheese Potatoes
· 1-2 lb red potatoes, cut into cubes if larger than quarter size
· 4-6 oz Cream cheese with chives
Boil potatoes until tender. Add cream cheese, blend and serve.
- This recipe makes a LOT of chicken spaghetti. This is a good one to share with a neighbor or friend, or put in your freezer.
- 1 boiled or otherwise cooked chicken removed from the bones ~3-4 c.
- 1c chopped celery
- 1c chopped onion
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 16 oz spaghetti, cooked in chicken stock
- 1 stick butter
If you need to boil the chicken today, reserve the liquid for cooking the spaghetti. Melt butter and saute celery, onion and pepper; combine with chicken in 9x13 pan. Add in spaghetti.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 c flour
- 4 c milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb velveeta
Stir these ingredients over a low heat until well blended. Pour sauce over chicken,veggies and spaghetti mixture in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1c chopped onion
- 4T butter
- ½ c flour
- 4 c chicken stock OR 4 c water + 6 tsp chicken bouillon
- 3-4 c broccoli, chopped
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 c milk
- 2 c chicken (optional)
- 4-5 slices American cheese
Saute onion in butter until translucent. Add flour until just slightly brown. Add chicken stock all at once and stir until flour mixture is well blended into broth. Add broccoli and simmer for 15 minutes until broccoli is tender and soup is thickened. Add chicken if desired until heated and cheese.
Beer Bread (All Recipes)
- 12 oz beer
- 3 c self-rising flour
- 3T sugar
In large bowl mix together flour and sugar. Add beer and continue to mix. Batter will be sticky. Pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
1. This recipe is another one that doubles very well.
Cheesy Spirals (Menus4Moms)
§ 16 oz. package pasta spirals
§ 2 cups cooked ground beef
§ 28 oz. jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor
§ 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
§ 1 tsp. black pepper
§ 1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
§ 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Cook pasta spirals according to package instructions. Drain and rinse; return to pan. Add 4 cups cooked beef, spaghetti sauce, cheddar cheese soup, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir over low heat until well mixed and mixture is of uniform consistency. Remove from heat and stir in shredded mozzarella cheese. Spray 1- 9”x12” pan and 1- 8”x8” pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour mixture into pans. Bake the larger pan at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly. Wrap the smaller pan for the freezer and label as "Cheese Spirals: Thaw. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until heated through."
1. This is a good night to bake dessert, because you’ll have the oven on already. The crisp will bake a little longer than the taco bake, but will still be warm when you are ready to serve.
Taco Crescent Bake
· 1 can Grands biscuits; flaky layers
· 1 c cooked ground beef
· 1 c ranch style beans, or pinto beans
· 1 packet or 6 tsp taco seasoning mix
· ¾ c water
· ½ c cottage cheese
· ½ c picante sauce
· 1 c grated cheddar cheese
Simmer beef, beans and seasoning mix with water for about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Meanwhile, press biscuits into the bottom and up the sides of a 9x13 (or slightly smaller) baking dish. Mix cottage cheese and salsa and spread onto biscuit dough. Top with ground beef mixture. Top that with cheddar cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
· 3-4 apples, cut into small pieces (skin still on)
· 1 c Bisquick
· ½ c oatmeal
· ½ c brown sugar
· ¼ c melted butter
· 1 tsp cinnamon
Place apples in a baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients until crumbly. Spread over top of apples. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.