Labels

Menu (148) Ads (146) Normal Life (57) Tip Tuesday (54) Chickens (43) Frugal Friday (38) Grocery (23) Holidays (10) How it Worked (8) Garden (6) General Spending (6) Organizing (6) c (4) Quilt (3) Rabbits (3)

Monday, June 4, 2012

Tuesday's Terrific Tip--The Fruits of Your Labor


This week's tip is from K.  She shared that her boss has encouraged her to purposefully block off two hours on Friday afternoon from 1-3pm to pull together her week and do a wrap up of the week.  Put finishing touches on small items.  Get things ready for next week, prioritize what needs to happen first thing Monday morning, 


Before she got started on her two hour block K took these before pictures for us: 
one... 


two... 




three...
How are you feeling so far??? 

K says...

There are nine biblically-based fruits of the Holy Spirit as given by St. Paul in his letter to the Galatians: “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23). I experience the fruits of joy, peace, and self-control every Monday morning when I open my office door to this:


Thanks for sharing!  

Doesn't that just seem so peaceful and a great way to start off a week?  Not chaotic, but self-controlled and a way to start the week full of JOY!  

Why not try it this week yourself???  

I know I am planning to block the time and do the recap too.  Plus I plan to include my weekly accomplishments in our internal online journal that we use for performance reviews.  The best time to write that stuff down is when it is still fresh in my mind.  Of course if I didn't accomplish much this week I can set some different priorities for myself to be sure that I don't have two of those weeks in a row.  

No comments: