Labels

Menu (148) Ads (146) Normal Life (57) Tip Tuesday (54) Chickens (43) Frugal Friday (38) Grocery (23) Holidays (10) How it Worked (8) Garden (6) General Spending (6) Organizing (6) c (4) Quilt (3) Rabbits (3)

Monday, June 18, 2012

Tuesday's Terrific Tip--Paint Touchups

You might remember the early morning hole that I punched in the wall with my left knee.  You can read about it here.




I am happy to report that thanks to J's regular reminder that it would be my responsibility to fix that and pay for it.  The repair has finally been completed.



However, there are no pictures of the repair because I was having serious issues with uploading photos today. So because I am flexible and ready to deal with things of this technologically difficult nature I decided to go with a different topic for pictures that would mostly cooperate.


We built our house eleven years ago and we still have the same paint colors from my original selections. I knew that we wanted the painting done professionally the first time (at least) and I also knew I didn't want off white because I would never budge up from there. Not that I am afraid of color, but I didn't want to make a mess of the new house.


I painted wildly at our previous house in all manner of colors and combinations and it showed in all the little extras  bits of colors that made their way to the ceiling because good enough was well, just good enough for me. Wouldn't it be nice to have an entire house with no extra colors where they weren't supposed to be?


I thought so too.


No surprise to most people who know me, I have two large walls that are green in the kitchen. Well one is right by the door that sees the most action in and out of our house, so there is no reason to doubt that there would be a few scratches and dents.


Most recently L was moving something out of the house and knocked a fairly good sized piece of green off the wall. Luckily I had some leftover paint ready to fill in the gap.






I keep just about a cup of each color of paint in a plastic container labeled with its room because many of these colors look a lot alike when they are wet. Yes, thank you I have made that exact mistake; why do you ask?




Today I grabbed a q-tip and my paint tub. Shook it up, opened the small container, dipped in the cotton swab and went to work.


I was done in 3.2 seconds and then looking around for any other area that was showing white when there should have green. I did find a few other very tiny areas. Tossed the swab in the trash and put the paint back in the cabinet and of course crossed that item off my to-do list.


Here is a real question for you....if you have a written to-do list and you do something that isn't on your list, when you complete that task, do you write it down just so that you can cross it off???


I might know people like that.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Yes, I do write it down and then cross it off because it makes me feel like I have accomplished as much as possible. I'm easily fooled.