Labels

Menu (148) Ads (146) Normal Life (57) Tip Tuesday (54) Chickens (43) Frugal Friday (38) Grocery (23) Holidays (10) How it Worked (8) Garden (6) General Spending (6) Organizing (6) c (4) Quilt (3) Rabbits (3)

Friday, June 22, 2012

What Sort of Visitor is 5' 2"?


Who is 5' 2", has brown eyes and dark skin?  And came to visit under the crescent moon?


Friday night I went out to lock up the chickens and as I moved the angled board that keeps the door propped open all day I saw him/it.  Well at least the first foot of it.  



I pretty much went squealing like a little girl into the house where cooler heads prevailed, mostly because there was chocolate ice cream involved.

But if you guessed a big chicken snake earlier, then you were right.  The first foot of him was headed in for a snack, and the other four feet were wrapped around the far side of the coop.  

L says we can't have chicken snakes in the chicken coop, which I was thankful to hear.  Snakes in the coop have been my #1 concern about having chickens since they first arrived.

So he, the snake, not L, went to swim with the fishes tonight.




No comments: